[CentOS] Dovecot .99 Bug - LF not found where expected

Bazooka Joe fastfish at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 17:08:57 UTC 2007

upgrade to 1.0 - fixes several bugs

w/ .99 outlook will spontaneously redownload all the main in your
mailbox thinking it is new.

that lf error was so bad on my server that I wrote a perl script to
check for it and fix it ran w/ cron every min. (this was on a fc 4 box
- should be same)

$w=`/usr/bin/tail -n 500 /var/log/maillog`;
if ($w =~ /LF not found where expected/) {
    print $1;
    $m=`/usr/bin/formail -ds </var/mail/$1 >>/var/mail/$1.rebuild`;
    $t=`/bin/cp /var/mail/$1.rebuild /var/mail/$1`;
    $r=`/bin/rm /var/mail/$1.rebuild`;
}