[CentOS] mdadm Linux Raid 10: is it 0+1 or 1+0?

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Tue Jun 12 02:56:25 UTC 2007

Miguel Medalha wrote:
>> If someone knows the answer, please also tell us whether it is the
>> same quality as using the raid0 module to drive two raid1 module
>> arrays. This raid10 module is rather new.
>
> Meanwhile, I found some answers. Here's a document from Novell which
> discusses the matter, considering the 10, 1+0 and 0+1 variants:

Thanks Miguel.

> mdadm RAID10 will be simpler than RAID0 over RAID1 since it only
> involves one software layer instead of two.
> Both systems have advantages and disadvantages according to typical use.

This makes it a really new software layer in comparison to the raid1 and
raid0 modules which have gone through years of production use.

anaconda should understand raid1 and raid0 modes...I wonder why people
have problems creating two raid1 md devices and then creating a raid0 md
device from the two raid md devices...