[CentOS] Re: is CentOS stable enough ?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Tue Jun 12 05:30:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Feizhou wrote:

> DamianS wrote:
>>> Fedora as a desktop however...I don't know...the few times I have seen
>>> Fedora Core 5/6 desktops in action, Firefox froze, keyboard input would
>>> not work all of a sudden...
>>
>> Experiences vary obviously.
>
> Yeah...but it leaves a rather lasting impression when it happens in the Linux
> class you are teaching and the only recourse was to reboot the stupid box and
> you have a completely identical boxes that do not share the same phenomenon.

Welcome to the world of computers!

Do you really think this type of problem is limited to Fedora? I have seen this
type of behavior on various operating systems, including windoze. Fortunately
my experience has been that Fedora specifically and *nix in general is less
prone to this type of thing than say windoze.

As was said above Experiences vary! :-)

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com