[CentOS] Recommendation/pointers please - Need to brush up on CentOS/Linux command line tools

Rob Lines rlinesseagate at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 15:34:06 UTC 2007

I can recommend the book A Practical Guide to Linux Commands, Editors and
Shell Programming.

http://www.amazon.com/Practical-Guide-Commands-Editors-Programming/dp/0131478230/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-4412880-2983136?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181662084&sr=8-1

It can be had for $30 and it is a big book.  It has lots of demos and
examples.  While it will not necessarily tell you what tool would be best
for a particular job it will tell you how to use the tool well.

The first chapter is a bit basic and they go into a lot (maybe too much)
detail on the different editors it has good information.  They also have a
quick list of the main command line utilities with a single line of what
they do.

It is like having simplified man pages with some extra examples but in book
form.

Rob