[CentOS] BIND Help

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jun 13 02:43:27 UTC 2007

Thom Paine wrote:
> I just installed CentOS5 on my server and I have to get everything
> working on it. I chose to clean load it upgrading from RHEL3 to
> CentOS5.
IMNSHO they really 'altered' BIND setup from 4.x.  After much kicking
around, I actually reinstalled Centos 5 and started anew.
> I'm having trouble understanding the way bind works now and was
> wondering if anyone has a bit of time to help me with it.
Do you understand BIND 9.x?  Do you want to implement DNS 'views'?  Do
you need dDNS?

> I am starting from scratch and I only have my primary domain and one
> additional domain I host.
Are you handling your reverse lookup (arpa.in)?

Quick recommendation:

INSTALL EVERYTHING for BIND.  This includes for a caching server and
system-config-bind.

Then install Webmin (www.webmin.com)  and use Webmin to set yourself up.