[CentOS] Problem with SquidGuard and DansGuardian

Jun Salen

nokijun at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 11:21:07 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I tried installing SquidGuard in a CentOS 4.5 server
wit Squid as proxy from RPMForge but uninstalled it
since I am having it fails to configure it correctly
so I replace it using DansGuardian. But after
configuring it and restarting the squid including
start of dansguardian service, I observe that there
was no effect on our client user. Our user are
required have proxy settings on browser in order to
browse. What did I miss please. Below are the portion
from my dansguardian configuration:

# you can limit it to only 1 IP.  Yes only one.
filterip =

# the port that DansGuardian listens to.
filterport = 8080

# the ip of the proxy (default is the loopback - i.e.
this server)
proxyip = 127.0.0.1

# the port DansGuardian connects to proxy on
#proxyport = 3128
proxyport = 8888

When I change the filterport to 80, there was an error
starting dansguardian saying that "Error binding
server socket (is something else running on the filter
port? [80])", changing it to 8080 have no problem but
not able to filter anything. Can anyone please give me
pointer on how to do it right? Thanks.

junji
aisalen.webpress.com
Linux Registered User #253162