[CentOS] Problem with SquidGuard and DansGuardian

Jun Salen nokijun at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 11:21:07 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I tried installing SquidGuard in a CentOS 4.5 server
wit Squid as proxy from RPMForge but uninstalled it
since I am having it fails to configure it correctly
so I replace it using DansGuardian. But after
configuring it and restarting the squid including
start of dansguardian service, I observe that there
was no effect on our client user. Our user are
required have proxy settings on browser in order to
browse. What did I miss please. Below are the portion
from my dansguardian configuration:

# you can limit it to only 1 IP.  Yes only one.
filterip =

# the port that DansGuardian listens to.
filterport = 8080

# the ip of the proxy (default is the loopback - i.e.
this server)
proxyip =

# the port DansGuardian connects to proxy on
#proxyport = 3128
proxyport = 8888

When I change the filterport to 80, there was an error
starting dansguardian saying that "Error binding
server socket (is something else running on the filter
port? [80])", changing it to 8080 have no problem but
not able to filter anything. Can anyone please give me
pointer on how to do it right? Thanks.

Linux Registered User #253162