Solved: Re: Crazy - Re: [CentOS] Centos 5, X dies, I cry

Bart Schaefer barton.schaefer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 14:35:36 UTC 2007

On 6/14/07, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> Well sort of.  Looks like I have to hold down <cntrl-Alt-F7> for a
> handful or so seconds and there is X.  Guess the other times I tried
> this I was too impatient.

Incidentally, the cntrl key shouldn't be necessary to switch among
text-mode virtual consoles, only to switch out of X to get to a text
console.  Just Alt-F7 should do it.

> Some sort of timing problem that I end up in the wrong display....

Is networking up and working?  I've been experiencing another problem
where X takes a very long time to start up if the network is not
available.