[CentOS] CentOS 5 hung while "Checking dependencies..."

Rob van der Heij

rvdheij at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 13:56:06 UTC 2007

Since CentOS 4 turned out to be short on supporting my sound card, I
picked up a the DVD for 5. I have been running 4 on this PC fine
though.

The install hangs in "Checking dependencies in packages selected for
installation..." with the bar at 3/4 or so. I thought this was because
I took the offer to upgrade my CentOS 4 installation, but it hangs at
the same spot for a new install, even when I do not tamper with the
selected packages.

What's my approach to move forward?  I did check the DVD with the
verification step.

Rob