[CentOS] Re: Madwifi just seems to work in Centos 5

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jun 18 16:36:53 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:22:04PM -0400, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Axel Thimm wrote:

>>> So you are obviously using madwifi after all to drive the card. :)
>>>
>> But where did it come from?????
>>
>> I did not install the kernel driver rpms.
>>

> madwifi-0.9.2.1-2.el5.rf.i386.rpm follows a different method that
> creates them on your system. There are pros and cons to using prebuilt
> binaries vs your own custom kernel modules.
How do tell where these things came from and what method they use???

One of my 'issues' or feature requests is to know which repo an rpm came from provided it was installed via yum or yumex.

Obviously if i downloaded the rpm and 'manually installed' directly with rpm, it is my job to track where I got the rpm from....