[CentOS] Re: Upgrade of dovecot broke imap (CentOS 4.5)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jun 18 16:48:20 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 12:30:14PM -0400, Joe Klemmer wrote:

> >>	As it happens, yes.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
> >
> >A good thing definitely. :)
> >
> >What version of dovecot is now on your system? E.g. what's rpm -q
> >dovecot saying?
> $ rpm  -q dovecot
> dovecot-1.0.1-1_57.el4

That's an ATrpms version (living in atrpms-testing).

> 	I was thinking of dropping back to an earlier version to see if
> that makes a difference.

Personally I would recommend fixing the above, as the dovecot version
as shipped by the upstream vendor (0.99.11 from 2004) is not
maintained by the author anymore. See

for details. If you were using the default config nothing really
affects you, but since you have troubles there must be something
changed. Also check with rpm -V dovecot whether the config files are
changed and whether you have *.rpmnew files instead.
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net