[CentOS] Re: Centos 5 - Setting up yum for ATrpms

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Jun 18 18:57:00 UTC 2007

Peter Kjellstrom wrote:
> On Monday 18 June 2007, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Axel Thimm wrote:

>>> There is a package called atrpms-package-config, but you can just as
>>> well simply cut and paste the following.

>> Thanks a bunch for this.  I have to boot back to Centos 4 for a bit (figure
>> out what is wrong with my Thunderbird setup), then come back and try this.
>>
>> I use yumex, and first do everything stable.  Then if I am looking for
>> things, then I enable bleeding and testing.  I should note that at least
>> until recently, the wpasupplicant was over at either testing or bleeding,
>> don't remember which right now...
>>

> And while you are fiddeling with your yum config, do yourself (and possibly
> this list) a favor and read up on and configure either protectbase or
> priorites (those are yum plugins).
All set on protectbase.

I will have to look into priorities.  Seem to recall about this, but I
am sure whatever I did over on Centos 4 did not carry over to Centos 5.
Protectbase did, as that is easy and well covered on the wiki with 3rd
party repos.

I do a lot of searching in a message base of over 25K messages before I
post here.  Of course the thing with searching is knowing what to search
for!