[CentOS] Centos 5 Repo errors

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Jun 19 03:23:03 UTC 2007

Thanks for getting back to me on this....

Jim Perrin wrote:
> On 6/18/07, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
>
>> kbs-CentOS-Misc
>>
>> http://centos.karan.org/el5/misc/stable/i386/RPMS/repodata/repomd.xml:
>>   --> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Doesn't exist. Extras is there.  You'll note that
> http://centos.karan.org makes no mention at all of the Misc repo. Just
> because it was there for c4 doesn't mean it'll be there for c5.
Well it says:

" On CentOS 4 and CentOS 5 ( yum version 2.2 and higher ) : Download
file : kbsingh-CentOS-Misc.repo
<http://centos.karan.org/kbsingh-CentOS-Misc.repo> and save it in
/etc/yum.repos.d/"

And that is what I did, so there may be a bit of contrary info here.

>> contrib
>>
>> Failure getting
>> http://centosn.centos.org/centos/5/contrib/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
>>   --> [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Contrib has never existed, though it's included in the
> Centos-Base.repo file. You can safely comment the entire bit out for
> this repo. It's not used.
OK.

>> what is the correct source for c5-media instead of:
>>
>> [c5-media]
>> name=CentOS-$releasever - Media
>> baseurl=file:///media/CentOS/
>>         file:///media/cdrom/
>>         file:///media/cdrecorder/
>
> That is the right one. Only thing you're missing there are the
> gpgcheck, and enabled=0 lines.
um.  Oh.  Now I get it.   I thought 'media' meant a repo of media
apps!   Silly me...