[CentOS] CentOS 5 LiveCD - When?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 20 16:30:04 UTC 2007

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 03:17 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>>Her hardware is not bleeding edge, it's four years old.
>>But, when we plugged a USB mouse into her machine, it
>>lost the keyboard. Windows recognizes both on that machine.
> CentOS 4 works great with older hardware, and is supported with security
> updates until 2012. There's a CentOS 4.4 live CD available through:
> http://isoredirect.centos.org/centos/4.4/isos/i386/

Thanks, I pulled that and checked the checksums. I'll be seeing
her tonight, and give it a try.

I've heard that CentOS is not the greatest for desktop, but very
nice for servers. Would another distro be more suitable for
a desktop for a woman who is technically capable, but doesn't
want to dive under the hood often, and likes for her new
printer "to just work"?

You have found the bank of Larn.