[CentOS] bind on centos 5

maina mamwake at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 09:46:18 UTC 2007

Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
Thom Paine wrote:
> I'm having a little trouble to get this working on my box.
> I have two domains I need to host on my machine. I have named
> starting, but I'm having trouble getting it to do the lookups for the
> two domains. The caching-nameserver is working.
> I removed all the bind stuff and reinstalled it all, minus the chroot
> because I was having problems getting bind to start at all with that
> there.
Check your message log.  BIND does a decent job with syslog outputs to
tell you what failed.
> I can post my named.conf file as well as my two domain files if
> someone could give me a hand.
> thanks.

Kindly post.

CentOS mailing list
CentOS at centos.org

David Maina.
Systems/Network Administrator.
P. O. Box 1239 - 20100.
Nakuru, Kenya.
Registered Linux User #407239.
"By golly, I'm beginning to think Linux really *is* the best thing since sliced bread."