[CentOS] Battery status indicator in CentOS 4.4

Andrew Allen

andy.allen at virgin.net
Tue Jun 26 18:22:09 UTC 2007

I've got CentOS 4.4 installed on 3 machines - two laptops and a PC. Only
one, a HP Omnibook 900, shows the graphical battery status indicator (in
the bottom right of the screen), but the other laptop (a new Dell
Inspiron 1501) doesn't show it. Furthermore, the command /usr/bin/apm
gets the response 'no apm support in kernel' - I've tried yum-updating
the kernel and installing apm but to no avail. Any suggestions please as
it's obviously very useful/necessary to have a battery indicator!

Andy