[CentOS] logwatch reports not benig emailed

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Wed Jun 27 15:40:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-26 at 08:00 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> No ideas what's going on?  This happening on every single CentOS 5
> server I've installed (6 so far).

Oh my gosh.  Well, I figured out the problem: crontabs and vixie-cron
weren't installed.

On all the CentOS 5 servers I'm having this problem on, I did a minimal
installation.  That is, I didn't select any package groups or anything
else when I did the install.  I guess crontab and vixie-cron aren't
included in the minimal/basic installation.

That brings up a question: why weren't they included?  Isn't cron a
fairly basic service?  I don't recall this happening with CentOS 4.

Has anyone else done a bare minimum install and had this problem?

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu