[CentOS] missing Nagios dependencies: how to fix on yum?

O. T. Suarez otsuarez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 22:19:10 UTC 2007

Hi:

On 6/27/07, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/27/07, RR <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On CentOS, I am trying to "yum install nagios" (after adding the rpmforge
> > repository), but every time I run it, I get this message, and am not sure
> > quite what to do.
>
> What version of centos are you running?
looks like version 5:
---> Package nagios.i386 0:2.9-1.el5.rf set to be updated

I had it running under 4.4:

[root at mail ~]# rpm -qa |grep nagios
nagios-2.9-1.el4.rf
nagios-plugins-1.4.8-2.el4.rf
[root at mail ~]# rpm -qi nagios
Name        : nagios                       Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.9                               Vendor: Dag Apt
Repository, http
://dag.wieers.com/apt/
Release     : 1.el4.rf                      Build Date: Sun 15 Apr
2007 02:57:33                                                      PM
ART
Install Date: Fri 22 Jun 2007 12:09:56 PM ART      Build Host:
lisse.leuven.wiee
rs.com
Group       : Applications/System           Source RPM:
nagios-2.9-1.el4.rf.src.
      rpm
Size        : 4972761                          License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Mon 16 Apr 2007 06:01:49 AM ART, Key ID a20e52146b8d79e6
Packager    : Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>
URL         : http://www.nagios.org/
Summary     : Open Source host, service and network monitoring program
Description :
Nagios is an application, system and network monitoring application.
It can escalate problems by email, pager or any other medium. It is
also useful for incident or SLA reporting.

Nagios is written in C and is designed as a background process,
intermittently running checks on various services that you specify.

The actual service checks are performed by separate "plugin" programs
which return the status of the checks to Nagios. The plugins are
located in the nagios-plugins package.
[root at mail ~]# uname -a
Linux mail 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL #1 Fri Oct 6 05:59:54 CDT 2006 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux