Fwd: [CentOS] where is smbmount on centOS 5

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 05:16:21 UTC 2007

I have installed below samba pkgs while installing CentOS 5.

[root at mail ~]# rpm -qa |grep samba

but, no smbmount is found.

instead of smbmount (mount -t smbfs) command, I used the command
mount.cifsas folows . It worked properly.

pls see below.

mount.cifs //csbserver/mail_backups /mnt/mailmonthly -o ip=