[CentOS] Retrive data from repartitioned / reformatted hard drive?

Niki Kovacs

contact at kikinovak.net
Fri Jun 29 06:37:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

The title says it all. One of my clients showed me a 120 GB hard drive
that his daughter accidentally formatted, according to him. I booted the
first CD I had at hand - a Slackware 11.0 install CD - and launched
cdfdisk /dev/hda. cfdisk informed me that there was even no partition
table. So much for reformatting. cfdisk only shows me 120 GB of free space.

Any way to retrive data on this hard drive? Some magic live distribution
to read data on repartitioned / reformatted hard drives? any suggestions?

thanks,

Niki