[CentOS] Where do I get Centos 5 Kernel sources for compiling drivers?

Peter Kjellstrom cap at nsc.liu.se
Fri Jun 29 11:20:32 UTC 2007

On Friday 29 June 2007, Richard Chapman wrote:
>  Hmmm... Thanks Peter
>  Actually - this is quite a big problem. It seems like new kernels come
> along reasonably often - and my intention was to leave this machine in a
> corner somewhere without any screen and manage it through nx and webmin.  I
> have seen the problem already because as soon as it was on the Internet it
> got a new kernel - and after rebooting it couldn't find the eth0 again. I
> did just the insmod part of the procedure - and the network came up again -
> but as soon as I reboot it disappears again. I realise now that i really
> need to repeat the whole procedure with the appropriate version of
> kernel-devel. I have since done this, and it now boots OK.

Once you've installed kernel-devel once it will get updated along with your
kernel. However, rebuilding the module is something you won't get around
unless you script something to do it automatically if the module is missing.

Also, please don't send html e-mails to lists. It annoys more than a

/Peter