[CentOS] Intro

Ray Leventhal centos at swhi.net
Fri Jun 29 15:29:58 UTC 2007

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On 6/29/07, Ray Leventhal <centos at swhi.net> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm very glad to have found this list as I've made a leap of faith and
>> installed CentOS5 as my new testbed/dev machine.
>>
>> An advance 'thank you' to all more experienced than I for answers and a
>> promise to be concise in my (surely about to become) abundant questions
>> and just as forthcoming with answers I may have to help others.
>>
>> Regards from sunny Florida, US.
>>
>> ~Ray
>
> Welcome to CentOS!  I am myself fairly "new" in the CentOS world.  You
> will soon find that you've made the right choice.
>
>> From equally sunny California,
>
> Akemi
Thanks for the welcome, Akemi.

I'm not new to Linux...have been using various RH/Fedora products,
though I cut my teeth heavily back in the early 90s with FreeBSD and
more recently Slackware.  I like the support structures in the RHbased
distros, and as my primary (money making) servers run RH releases, I'm
confident, also, that this was not only the right choice but a great one.

Thanks again,
~R