[CentOS] virt-install and kickstart

Wed Jun 6 15:23:13 UTC 2007
Costa, Jeff <jcosta at lendlease.com>

Has anyone successfully used a kickstart file in tandem with the "virt-install" command? I can get a generic install to begin if I omit the "-x" flag and the kickstart parameters? It seems that virt-install simply ignores my kickstart parameters.

virt-install --location=http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/centos/4.5/os/i386/ --noautoconsole --file=/dev/VolGroup00/lv_centos45 --name=CENTOS_45 --ram=256 --nographics -d -p -x "ks=http://192.168.1.98/centos45.cfg
ip=192.168.1.97 netmask=255.255.255.0 dns=192.168.1.1 gateway=192.168.1.1"

"This email (including any attachments) is confidential.  If you
are not the intended recipient you must not copy, use, disclose,
distribute or rely on the information contained in it.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
by reply email and delete the email from your system.
Confidentiality and legal privilege attached to this communication
are not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery to you.  Lend
Lease does not guarantee that this email or the attachment(s) are
unaffected by computer virus, corruption or other defects. Lend
Lease may monitor incoming and outgoing emails for compliance with
its Email Policy.  Please note that our servers may not be located
in your country."