[CentOS] OT - IP Tables - forwarding to localhost

Mon Jun 18 10:46:42 UTC 2007
first last <prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk>

Hi,

I am trying to set up a firewall rule so calls to old_mailserver:25 get
redirected to localhost:25. I have seen quite a few rules and none seem
to work.

I have tried with the firewall enabled (configured to allow smtp) and
disabled, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

One of the commands I have been using is:
/sbin/iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d old_mailserver_ip/32
--dport 25 -j REDIRECT --to 127.0.0.1:25

Am I missing anything?

Thanks

Gabriel