[CentOS] Simple shared authentication method

Thu Jun 21 16:05:27 UTC 2007
Lorenzo <lorenzo at gmk.it>

Hi all,
I'm setting up an old server to became the core server of our local lug and I'm
on trouble choosing an easy yet powerful method for authentication.
I think it would be nice to have a single method for authenticating local
accounts, email, joomla and so on, and to be able to add another server and use
the same method in the future.
I am looking now at openldap but I start thinking it's too complex for the task
of single sign on... or at least I am missing an easy graphical tool to setup
just users and passwords (ldapbrowser and directory_assistant aren't working,
and I don't have too much time to spend on learning command-line tools).

Does anyone have a suggestion for an easy Single Sign On server?

Tia

Lorenzo Quatrini

p.s. Of course all the above under CentOS 5 ;)