[CentOS] Vim differences between C4 and C5

Thu Jun 28 20:04:02 UTC 2007
Rick Barnes <linux at sitevision.com>

I have installed CentOS 4.5 and 5 on 2 separate machines, and both have
default installs of vim-enhanced on each of them.

I noticed that I can get syntax highlighting as a regular user, sudo and
as root in C4.5. In C5 I only get highlighting as a regular user.

I diff'ed my /etc/vimrc files between each install there is no changes
and neither root ~ has a .vimrc file.

I had put "# vim: filetype=apache ts=4 sw=4 et" at the bottom of the
apache conf file and it works great except when I 'sudo vim' or use
root in c5.

I tried :syntax on, as root and it didn't make a difference either.

CentOS 5:
 $ rpm -qa vim*
 vim-common-7.0.109-3.el5.3
 vim-minimal-7.0.109-3.el5.3