[CentOS] 4.5 ALB Bonding Hang on Shutdown

Fri Jun 1 17:23:33 UTC 2007
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

ALB is adaptive load balancing. All interfaces participating in
the bond share a common MAC address that is ARP'd among them.

This way the server sets the load policy and no support on the
switch is necessary.

Standard 802.3ad bonding needs switch support and it works on
a per-path basis, interface per-client, as opposed to a per-packet
basis, interface per packet.

It requires a simplier network infrastructure and I believe gives
better performance.

-Ross