[CentOS] Totem Can't Read .wmv Files

Mon Jun 4 18:17:40 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 6/3/07, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:
> One of the first things I do on a CentOS desktop install is replace
> Totem by a combination of vlc and mplayerplug-in, and rhythmbox by xmms.
> Both in Rpmforge repo. Additional plugins for xmms (wma, mpc, ace) by
> SRPM from Fedora 6.

I'm a fan of mplayer, too, but how do you "replace" totem with it?  I
don't much care for totem at all - it was one of the reasons I
switched from Suse to CentOS (well, okay, that and inexperience plus
now using CentOS at work and home and getting more comfortable with it
all around).

--
Mark Hull-Richter
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)