[CentOS] CentOS 4.5 FTP install

Tue Jun 5 19:45:34 UTC 2007
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On 6/5/07, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/5/07, Ron Yorston <rmy at tigress.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > Yes, I can access the files via anonymous FTP.  From the server log
> > I can see that the installer is only trying to fetch the product.img
> > file.  It tries
> >
> >    /centos/4/os/i386/CentOS/base/product.img
> >
> > and
> >
> >    /centos/4/os/i386/disc1/CentOS/base/product.img
> >
> > Ron
>
> It seems more likely the problem is with the installer.  It should not
> depend on that file.
> I will try it myself later to see what's going on.
>
> Akemi

I was able to reproduce the problem you described.  I set up the
server with anon ftp, booted a local machine using CD#1 of CentOS4.5
(freshly downloaded, md5sum checked), started the installation,
selected ftp install and entered requested info (IP and directory).
The server log showed that the client attempted to get

/CentOS/base/product.img
/disc1/CentOS/base/product.img

in this order just as you reported.

Next, I went ahead and copied  stage2.img to product.img and tried
again.  The installation successfully continued.  I am now watching
the server log and see ftp download of rpm files happily taking
place...

I must conclude that there is a glitch in the installer of CentOS4.5 CD#1.

Akemi