[CentOS] CentOS Based Linux Firewall Document

Wed Jun 6 15:22:23 UTC 2007
Brian Mathis <brian.mathis at gmail.com>

On 6/6/07, pctech at mybellybutton.com <pctech at mybellybutton.com> wrote:
> > Why don't you ask the Wiki gurus and put it on the CentOS Wiki?
>
> Yes, I agree whit that. The idea is always the same: beneficing the
> community.
> In this case, put the manual into the wiki would be greater for all
> CentOS users.

> Unfortunately, I have had nothing, thus far, but bad experiences with wikis.  Especially when you begin letting others "mark up" something that you've posted there.  At that point, because your name is on it, you "own" all of their mistakes.  I'm not saying that the CentOS wiki is like that, just wikis in general.
[...]

Please don't start this again.  You can view last year's argument
about this here:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2006-August/thread.html#67803

PCtech: You are certainly entitled to control your copyrighted
material however you like, but if you look at how the rest of the open
source community handles this type of information, you must be able to
see that the method you are using is not typical.  It's the type of
thing that makes other people uncomfortable.  Again, you are
completely entitled to handle it however you like, but you need to
expect people will consider your method unsavory.