[CentOS] CentOS Based Linux Firewall Document

Thu Jun 7 00:39:13 UTC 2007
Frank Tanner III <pctech at mybellybutton.com>

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 22:08 +0200, Daniel de Kok wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 15:21 -0400, pctech at mybellybutton.com wrote:
> > I also know, for a fact, that a large percentage of the people
> > that read a wiki ignore that when something goes wrong and go
> > straight to the source.  I've seen it far too many times.
>
> Than you will be happy to hear that not everyone can just change pages
> on the CentOS Wiki. Write access is restricted.
>
> Besides that I'd like to add (as last year) that the mode of operation
> of the open source community is to share. If the CentOS developers
> provided CentOS with an e-mail invite only, there would be a small
> chance that you'd have it.

How am I not sharing my document?  Am I charging for it?  Am I saying
that only certain people can e-mail me for it?  It's not "e-mail invite
only"  It's "I don't have the money to host the bandwidth it would
require to post it on the Internet."  Show me where I have said that
nobody could host my document if they chose to.  *I* choose not to wiki
it because I have been burned by using wiki as a "distribution method"
in the past.  Burned to the point that I had to deal with lawyers.
Quite frankly, that's an additional expense that I don't want, or need.

There's a large difference between the CentOS project itself and my
document.