[CentOS] About brother MFC-3340CN

Thu Jun 14 14:23:13 UTC 2007
w.arkwolf <w.arkwolf at gmail.com>

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 15:39, devel wrote:
> You configure it as jetdirect on port 9001 ?
>
> >    I have a couple of MFC-5440CN units on my lan. I used the drivers from
> > the brother website http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/index.html
> > to access the printers from Fedora Core 4 and Centos 5. The Windows boxes
> > on the lan also access these printers.

To be honest, All I did was to follow the instructions on the web site and it
"just worked" so I didn't dig too deeply into the workings. I did a network
capture during a printout and it is using jetdirect port 9100.

The scanner and fax drivers from the Brother website also work quite well, in
case these are of interest to you.