[CentOS] network raid file system/server

Thu Jun 14 21:50:38 UTC 2007
Luciano Rocha <strange at nsk.no-ip.org>

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 11:39:12PM +0200, Farkas Levente wrote:
> Luciano Rocha wrote:

> >> Neither will eliminate servers and disks as single points of failiure.
> >
> > You can add standard raid for eliminating disk failures as points of
> > failure.
> >
> > Then there are drbd[1], ddraid[2] and (g)nbd + md for server raid.
> >
> > I've been using drbd, and now I'm migrating to use ocfs2 + nfs on top of
> > it.
>
> what will do the redundancy here?

Hm? They work as software raid over the network, keeping the data in
sync. So, if one fails, the other still has the data and can keep
serving it.

You can have more than one master[1], if you use a cluster filesystem
(GFS/OCFS2/?) or if you just export the redudant block device.
Otherwise, use heartbeat/ucarp/... to change the secondary to primary.

[1] drbd only supports two peers. drbd+, a commercial version, supports
more, I think.

--
lfr
0/0