[CentOS] CentOS 5 hung while "Checking dependencies..."

Fri Jun 15 15:46:41 UTC 2007
Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com>

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 08:09:30AM -0700, Radu-Cristian FOTESCU wrote:
> > Can one ever be patient enough :-)  But I had lunch, walked the dog
> > and left it sitting there for several hours. Took a few minutes to get
> > to 3/4 or the bar, and then it sat there for hours.
>
> Oh my! You have been too patient! (I guess it's the dog.)
> Have you looked into the consoles 2 to 8, to see if it's really frozen?
> Gee, I suppose RHEL6 will be worse than Vista!

Might be worth posting on the anaconda-devel list.... or filing a bug
with CentOS.

Or... does the same thing happen if you try with a RHEL5 install?  If
so, you could definitely open a bug report with them to get it looked
at.

Would be interesting though to see if your machine is locked up.  Try
jumping over to the shell console (ALT-F2) and see if you can still
interact, get a process list etc.  Run dmesg, and look at the other
consoles' outputs to see if anything can give you some info on where
exactly it's hanging.

Ray