[CentOS] antivirus

Sun Jun 17 11:11:56 UTC 2007
Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca at yahoo.ca>

> > is a Centos 4 box with F-secure(for linux). Have a look at it.. it
> > does centralized management of Anti-virus.
>
> It also looks like F-Prot (f-prot.com) supports updates to client PCs

I was not very happy with the F-* stuff (it's good on the mailserver, it sucks on the clients, there were uncaught viruses some 1-2 yrs ago), but I like "the German umbrella".

Formerly known as H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH, it's now Avira, with solutions for Win, Linux, BSD, Solaris:
-- All products:
 http://www.avira.com/en/products/index.html
-- For mailservers:
 http://www.avira.com/en/products/antivir_for_mailserver.html
-- For the desktop:
(i) Avira AntiVir
                                                 PersonalEdition Classic (free for personal usage):
http://www.free-av.com/antivirus/allinonen.html
(ii) Premium, commercial editions:
http://www.avira.com/en/products/personal_premium.html
(iii) Even better, AntiVir Workstation:
http://www.avira.com/en/products/avira_antivir_workstation.html
-- For SMB (SmallBusiness Suite):
http://www.avira.com/en/products/smb_suites.html

I  has no virus  problems since I am using them. You can try the free one, http://www.free-av.com/antivirus/allinonen.html -- to me, it's even better than AVG (which also missed some trojans a few years ago). The caveat of the free one is that it can't scan e-mails, but an eventual attached virus will be caught when you'd try to run it.

There is also Panda, but it needs Dazuko:
http://beranger.org/index.php?page=3k&article=971

Cheers,
R-C