[CentOS] Re: Upgrade of dovecot broke imap (CentOS 4.5)

Mon Jun 18 21:34:55 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Joe Klemmer spake the following on 6/18/2007 2:13 PM:
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Scott Silva wrote:
>
>> Do you have a /etc/dovecot.conf.rpmnew?
>> Maybe you need to diff the files and see if something changed.
>
>     No .rpmnew or .rpmold or any variation.
>
>> If you were running 0.99 from stock CentOS before the upgrade, then
>> you definitely need to fix your config file.
>
>     I was running 0.99 something (whatever was in base).  Is there
> something specific I need to look for?  This is the current content of
> the conf file (excluding comments) -
>
> ------------------8<------------------8<--------------
>
> protocol imap {
>
> }
>

> protocol pop3 {
>
> }
>

> protocol lda {
>   postmaster_address = postmaster at webtrek.com
>
> }
>

> auth default {
>   mechanisms = plain
>
>   passdb pam {
>   }
>
>   userdb passwd {
>   }
>
>   user = root
>
> }
>

> dict {
> }
>

> plugin {
>
> }

> --
> Boring Home Page - http://www.webtrek.com/joe
> See my blog, sumo game ranks and other interesting junk
If you were using the default config file from 0.99, you can get by with the
default on Axel's rpm. You just need to make sure that your protocols (pop3
and/or imap) are enabled if needed.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and