[CentOS] PHP 4.3.10 on CentOS 4 or CentOS 5

Thu Jun 21 21:57:14 UTC 2007
Devin Henderson <devin.lists at gmail.com>

Devraj,

I recommend you use PHP 5 which is included in CentOS 5 and is
available for CentOS 4 via centosplus. For the most part php 5 is
backwards compatible with php 4. In the cases that it is not you
should be able to pretty easily update your code to work with 5. See
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/faq.migration5.php and try doing a google
search for "php migrate 4 5." You'll find plenty of helpful
information. This way you will be running a much more recent and
secure version of php and you won't have to worry about avoiding php 5
down the road because your code is not compatible.

Devin