[CentOS] rpmrebuild or rpmbuild question

Mon Jun 25 19:27:41 UTC 2007
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 6/25/07, Centos <centos at unixplanet.biz> wrote:

> php was compiled on server, by running ./configure
> but now I want to find an easy way to upgrade php, without compiling it
> again.
> like runing rpmrebuild and just add those options that i need.

RPM won't help you with this. The only way you could use it to solve
this issue would be to remove your existing php install, then build
the php rpm the way you want (assuming the stock php doesn't work for
you)

George Orwell