[CentOS] CentOS 5 & USB Kickstart?

Tue Jun 26 23:42:46 UTC 2007
Yiorgos Stamoulis <yiorgos-lists at 272deg.homelinux.net>

Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> Is anybody else having problems with CentOS 5 not loading the usb
> drivers for kickstart installations?
>
> I'm passing "linux ks=hd:sdb1:/ks.cfg," but I get a message saying it
> can't find the ks.cfg file and I should enter another path.  I use the
> exact same boot options with CentOS 4 without any problems.
>
> What am I missing with CentOS 5?  Thanks for any tips.
Hi Jiann-Ming,

I did a RHEL5 installation recently with a ks file.  Upon receiving the
'can't get the ks file' message I removed & then reinserted the usb
drive and this caused it to be re-detected properly.

At this time it may also help to switch to a different screen
(ALT+CTRL+F[1..6]) and see the device under which it is recognised i.e.
/dev/sda1 or /dev/sdb1 etc

Yiorgos