[CentOS] SMP on a HP DL-320 G2

fredex

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Mar 1 02:45:14 UTC 2007

Hi gang!

At work I have a DL320 G2 machine I use as my desktop (I know, weird!...).

Back when I ran RHEL WS 2.1 on it, it always ran a SMP kernel because it
has a HypterThread capable processor.

When I installed (fresh from scratch) Centos 4.4 on it a while back, though,
Centos installed only the UP kernel.

I've looked in the BIOS for settings to enable/disable HT support and
I don't see anything.

I've force-installed the SMP kernel and when I boot it it doesn't seem
to think there's anything thre but a normal UP CPU.

Should it not show two CPUs in top, and in suitable places in /proc like
the earlier OS did? (at least when running a SMP kernel)

Ideas welcome.

Thanks!
                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.