[CentOS] Virtualisation

abhishek singh abhishek.rhce at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 1 17:29:00 UTC 2007

U should give a try to FC6 with Xen for virtualization , its really cool?

Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> wrote: I'm building a new server at home to handle most of my internal
requirements (mail, news, dns, dhcp, backups being the biggies).  I also
want it to host a couple of virtual servers which are allowed incoming
connections from the internet (mail gateway, web server, ssh server);
these are virtual so if a hacker _can_ break in then they're limited as
to what they can see.

At present the virtual machines are vserver instances on an old FC2 box.

I'm wondering what people recommend for virtual servers these days?
CentOS 4 with a vserver kernel?  Wait for CentOS 5 and use Xen?  VMware?
(Vmware is the heavy solution, but it does mean I could host a windows
session if I wanted to).  Or Solaris 10 and zones?

Any thoughts?

CentOS mailing list
CentOS at centos.org

Abhishek Kumar Singh