[CentOS] php-4.4 rpm

Michael Kress kress at hal.saar.de
Thu Mar 1 21:07:58 UTC 2007

I wrote:
> well, that indeed sounded promising, but the srpm doesn't compile on
> my x86_64 machine. The srpm is ok as I was able to compile and use it
> on an i386 machine. I even was able to change to 4.4.5 with art's spec
> file. No prob. On x86_64 there's many errors in the configure process,
> due to the lack of lib64 patches against the config.m4 files of gd,
> dba, etc...
> I'm currently creating these patches but I wonder if somebody already
> has done this work? I'll post them if the thing works.

Jesus ... this is hard stuff - has anybody got a good lib64 patch set in
order to compile php-4.4.* on a x86_64 ?
I discovered that I have to use libtool 1.4 which comes with rhel3, but
it fails executing libtool :
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.so when searching
for -lcrypt
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libcrypt.a when searching
for -lcrypt
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libnsl.so when searching for
-lnsl
I think it's because libtool got the parameter -L/usr/lib but I can't
find the place in hell where it's m4'ed together.
Has anybody got an idea?
TIA
Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de