[CentOS] setting up incoming PPP on centos 4.4

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Mar 2 14:20:25 UTC 2007

fredex wrote:
> hi gang!
>
> I'm interested in setting up incoming PPP on a system at work that has
> a fresh (not upgrade) Centos 4.4 on it.
>
> All the documentation I've found for that shows using mgetty to do it, and
> seems pretty straightforward.
>
> However, that machine doesn't have a binary named mgetty anywhere.
>
> It does have a mgetty-sendfax RPM installed, but it does not provide a
> binary named mgetty.
>
> "yum -list available | grep -y getty" shows no additional packages I could
> use to obtain it.
Odd:
summer at coco:~$ rpm -qa '*gett*'
mgetty-1.1.31-2
gettext-0.14.1-13
mgetty-voice-1.1.31-2
mingetty-1.07-3
mgetty-sendfax-1.1.31-2
summer at coco:~$

It really is quite easy, I did it with RHL 7.3. I haf incoming fax, data
(minicom etc) and ppp. I didn't manage to get the voice working though.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait