[CentOS] Re: Swap Considerations

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 2 16:28:10 UTC 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> The best swap is un-needed swap. If you need to play with swap for performance
> reasons, just get some more memory.

I have two reasons. One is that my system is indeed somewhat
overburdened and needs more RAM, which I don't have funds for
at the moment. The second reason is for the purposes of experimentation
itself. "Just get more memory" is not economically feasible,
and even if I did that, it wouldn't address reason # 2.

You have found the bank of Larn.