[CentOS] Virtualisation

Morten Torstensen morten at mortent.org
Sat Mar 3 10:41:56 UTC 2007

Paul wrote:
> I second Solaris zones are very rubust.  Easy to setup and maintain.

But it is still software virtualization? Last time I checked you could
only run the same OS in the zones as on the host. Has that changed?

I much prefer a hardware hypervisor architecture. Let the hardware
manage your virtual machines. More robust, faster and it puts management
of hardware where it belongs. Too bad no-one makes hardware hypervisors
for x86 hardware, afaik.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is evil.
The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.