[CentOS] The most weird thing i've ever seen (networking)

Ross S. W. Walker rwalker at medallion.com
Sun Mar 4 06:03:09 UTC 2007

How do you attempt to ping the other machines after you reboot via ssh, at the console?

Is it possible that a piece of network equipment is proxying the arp when you reboot via the network and will not let go once the machine comes back up, but when you reboot locally there is no network connection that would need arp proxying so a proxy entry isn't created?

You would have had to turn on arp proxying somewhere for this to happen though it doesn't happen automatically.

Need to know your network topology a bit more to fully diagnose this.

-Ross