[CentOS] Time Change: Centos-immune?

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 00:25:51 UTC 2007

> I perused my inbox looking for this subject, but not finding it,
> -anything I need to keep my server farm of 60 centos servers (that all
> run ntp) going smoothly during this next time change on March 11?
>
> I noticed on the w2k side my IT staff have to do some scrambling, heh,
> but that's expected.
>
> Any action required?

For centos4, no. The update has been in centos for a while now.
For centos3, run 'yum update' as the update was (until recently) in
the fastrack repository. It is now in the general update repo, and
available mainstream.

For centos2, I'm not sure. I don't have any systems currently running it.

You can test the distros by using 'zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep
2007' and verify that the dates are correct.

George Orwell