[CentOS] Time Change: Centos-immune?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Tue Mar 6 03:34:46 UTC 2007

R P Herrold wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2007, Jim Perrin wrote:
>
>> For centos2, I'm not sure. I don't have any systems currently running
>> it.
>
> I looked for txdata sources for 2.1 updates today, and did not see the
> file.  If someone is still using 2.1 and feels a need, please open a
> bug.  http://bugzilla.centos.org/
>
> For backports into RHL series, I hit a change in cp when backbuilding
> to RHL 6.0 which I have not yet solved.

oh, forgot to add...

for RHL 6, 7, and 9 boxes (got some old iron in coloc centers doing
free-nonprofit things that aren't convenient to rebuild from scratch),
I've just tarred up the /usr/share/zoneinfo from an updated system, and
untarred it onto the legacy systems, and its seemingly works.

after doing teh untar, you must then

cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/<yourtimezone> /etc/localtime

zdump -v PST8PDT |grep 2007     should then show the corrected DST dates.