[CentOS] PREROUTING - DNAT with iptables for an ASTERISK BOX

Indunil Jayasooriya indunil75 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 09:51:18 UTC 2007

I am running a ASTERISK BOX behind a firewall. It is at DMZ .

Now I want to connect to my ASTERISK BOX from Internet. So I want to DNAT.
How can I do it?

Pls assume that ip address that connects to Internet on firewall is is attached to eth0.

Then, What is the rule (PREROUTING) for it? What is the port to DNAT?

I think udp 5060. So I have added below 2 rules . But it does not work at

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp -i eth0 -d --dport 5060 -j DNAT
iptables -A FORWARD -p udp -d --dport 5060 -j ACCEPT

Can you help me to solve this issue?

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya