[CentOS] [Q] how to copy printer definition to other server?

Stephen C. Rigler srigler at marathonoil.com
Wed Mar 7 15:57:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 16:36 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Stephen C. Rigler wrote:
> > On the server you want to copy the printers from, do this:
> >
> > printconf-tui --Xexport > printers.xml
> >
> > copy printers.xml to the server where you want to add the printers and
> > do this:
> >
> > printconf-tui --Ximport < printers.xml
> >
> > Then restart cups (or lprng if you're still running it).
>
> Wow. Cool. One never stops to learn. Mind if I put that tip on the wiki?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

Go for it.  Hopefully it will save somebody the days of frustration we
went through with duplicating printer configs across multiple machines.
It also saved us from re-creating 300 print queues on our print server
when somebody accidentally wiped them out (alchemist saves the 5 most
recent configurations in compressed xml files
in /var/cache/alchemist/printconf.local).

-Steve