[CentOS] Centos blocked

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Mar 8 16:34:52 UTC 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 11:54:13AM -0300, Dago Pacheco wrote:
> Hi
> I use to leave my PC turned on for a long time, but ultimately I've
> found it blocked.  The  mouse just don't work and the keyboard leds are
> blinking and there is no HD activity.
> I'd like to know which log should I check, to find the problem or what
> should I do.
> I u need more details, please just make know how to give'em.

That has happened to me af ew times too. As far as I can tell, the kernel has taken an "oops",
at which time it is not able to even spew kernel panic messages to the console, so it blinks
the keyboard LED in morse code giving you an erorr number or similar info.

unfortunately, I cannot read morse, and it blinks too fast for me to write it down so I've never
figured out what the cause was.

Fred

 .----    Fred Smith   /
 /    /  /   /__) /  /  /__) .+'           Home: fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us